I have to admit something - I watched MAYBE ten minutes of the Grammy Awards. I did, however, spend time watching the pre- red carpet party on E! and also the red carpet arrivals. That's just about the same as watching the ceremony, right?! ;)
I love fashion. Always have; always will. After seeing so many gorgeous looks on the red carpet and some questionable choices, I thought I would share my fave looks from the night and my not-so-fave looks from the night. :)
TOP NINE RED CARPET LOOKS
9) Kacey Musgraves - When critiquing fashion, we have to keep in mind is WHO is wearing the dress. This dress is so Kacey. At first, I wasn't a fan but every time I see it, I love it more and more! It is a funky, textured ombre dress with tiers. It is funky and different, just like her. I love the clean, high pony tail and that she kept her makeup on the simpler side.
8) Meghan Trainor - This black sparkle dress with front leg slit and exaggerated shoulder pads suited her and her body very well. It is also one of the few dresses that we have seen on the red carpet that have neither a plunging neckline, nor a turtleneck, which was refreshing. How could I not mention her new hairstyle - shorter brunette locks! Gorgeous!
7) Carrie Underwood - This mama looked so chic in this classic turned modern black dress. The detailing on the chest adds just a little bit of texture as does the bunched up fabric at the hip. She is rocking the side slit with that toned leg popping out.
6) Guiliana Rancic - I feel like this was a risky dress to wear, but G pulled it off really well! The color matches her skin tone perfectly. She wore a lot of jewels but the earrings are so gorgeous and is one of the reasons I love this look so much.
5) Chrissy Teigan - Would we expect anything less than darn near perfect from Chrissy? She is stunning in this sleek white dress that features a slit up the back and a sparkle cape. The high ponytail and white clutch with gold accents really completed the look.
4) Demi Lovato - This girl is all grown up! I wouldn't have expected Demi to wear this, but she rocked it nonetheless. This black ensemble featured a black skirt with wide slit up the middle, black blazer, black pumps, and a unique body chain. Normally I'm not a fan of "matchy matchy" fashion but Demi pulled off the black-on black-on black-with black hair look.
3) Zuri Hall - This is sheer done right! Zuri stuns in this dress that feature geometric embellishments and 3/4 length sleeves. The pointed embellishments just under her collarbone are situated so perfectly! Although it features a plunging neckline, the sheer makes it not look as risque.
2) Selena Gomez - This dress is beyond gorgeous! The color, the sparkle, and the cutouts...I cannot stop looking at it! Normally we should stay away from sparkle on sparkle, but the sparkle hoop earrings and the sparkle of the dress go together really well.
1) Kaley Cuoco - It was a super tough decision between Selena's stunning blue dress and Kaley's stunning jumpsuit, but Kaley's jumpsuit is my top pick. I am in love with it!! It is so unique, I just can't get enough! The gorgeous color, geometric embellishments, deep v neck, and don't even get me started on the cutout!! Kaley kept her jewelry (love her champagne clutch!), makeup, and hair simple, allowing her jumpsuit to really make a statement. Well done Kaley, well done! <3
THREE WORST LOOKS
3) Zendaya - OK, so I heard that her look was in honor of David Bowie, which is a really sweet thing to do. However, this does not scream high fashion to me! Her suit appears to be way too big for her (her legs are swimming in it and the jacket doesn't look good on her mid-section). What I'm most disliking about her look though is her mullet! She kind of looks like a lady version of Billy Ray Cyrus.
2) Tove Lo - I don't think this would have been such a bad look if it was accessorized better. The dress isn't awful but when she pairs it with the shoes and nose ring, it is just too much. Her hair is also less than thrilling. We have to give her 'e' for effort though. ;)
1) Z Lala - She must have gotten the Grammys and Halloween mixed up.
I'd love to here your favourite and least favourite looks. Comment below. :)